If we do make any material changes, we will notify you by email, as received by law and/or prior to these changes becoming effective.
To enable us to provide our products & services to you (“Account”), we require consent from you, when processing your personal information and we will ask you for this in collecting, using and disclosing this as described below.
User / Customer Agreement
The Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme do not apply to the crypto asset activities or services carried out by Baanx Group
Therefore, you should carefully consider whether purchasing or holding these assets and if they are suitable for you.
Any monetary value (“relevant funds”) that you load from your wallets(s) on to your CL Debit Card is identified as electronic money (“E-Money) and therefore regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”).
The Prepaid Debit Card (“Card”) and underlying Account (collectively “E-money services”) holding those relevant funds, are safeguarded by Contis Financial Services, an authorised electronic money institution authorised and regulated by the FCA with register number 900025.
Please refer to the separate card T&Cs for further details:
“We”, “us” or “our” means Baanx, Baanx Group, Baanx.com, Contis Financial Services Ltd or the Distributor acting on behalf of Contis.
‘Baanx’, ‘Baanx.com’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Baanx.com Ltd, Mansion House, 33 Queen Street, London, England, London EC4R 1AP.
Our company registration number is 11155611 in The United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website, App, and platform.
“You” means the named Baanx user/member and/or account holder being the authorised user of the CL™ account and Visa debit card and any additional cardholder.
Baanx offers products & services in partnership with as summarised below:
BitGo Europe Ltd
UK registered number 11155938
UK registered number 11279395
|Fiat Wallet||Baanx Group Ltd||UK registered number 11155938|
1) CL Debit Card
2) CL Account
Global Business Holdings
Contis Financial Services
UK registered number 11637131
UK Registered number
Section 1 – Eligibility
By registering to become a Baanx user, you confirm that you:
- Are at least 18 years old or of legal age to form a binding contract under applicable law and have the capacity to sign a binding contract.
- Reside in a country where Baanx products & services are available
- Are an individual, legal person or other organisation with full legal capacity and authority to enter these Terms.
- Have not previously been suspended or removed from using our products/and or Services
- You do not have an existing Baanx Account
- All information you provide to us will be complete and accurate and you commit to keeping all information complete and accurate at all times.
- The information about your address and residency is correct and you will notify us if it changes.
- You will provide us with your legal identity and any supporting information and documents that we may request, including but not limited to a copy of your driver’s license and a copy of your passport.
- You reside in, and will only access the Platform from, a country where we permit the Platform to be accessed.
- Your use of the Platform complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including all export controls and economic sanctions requirements.
- If you are entering into these Terms on behalf of a legal entity of which you are an employee or agent, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and authority to bind such legal entity.
Section 2 User Account and Platform
To use the Baanx Platform, you must register and become a fully verified user and set up an Account through the Baanx App.
Baanx may, in its sole discretion, refuse to open an account for you.
You agree to provide complete and accurate information when opening an Account and agree to update any information you provide to Baanx, so that such information is complete and accurate at all times.
Each registration is for a single user only and each User may only maintain one Account with Baanx.
Your Account will allow you to hold different currencies (both cryptocurrencies and or fiat currencies) that are collectively called “assets” that represent a financial fiat currency value.
You are aware that money value held in any assets that you place or hold on the Platform in a wallet is not e-money services and therefore not safeguarded or protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the UK.
If you do not convert deposited fiat currency held on the Platform within 30 days, we reserve the right to either return the fiat currency back to your designated bank account or if no bank account is linked, we will convert such funds to an equivalent amount of Stable coin EURX. We will notify you by email before we undertake this conversion.
You are entitled to the monetary value held on the Platform, but you do not own the assets held whose monetary value are subject to change
Section 3 – Funding your Account, Redemption and Timescales
The Baanx Platform aims to provide a convenient way in allowing users to fund your wallet using a designated Bank Account.
When you fund your Wallet, you are authorising us to charge the full amount to the chosen funding method and You also authorise us to collect and store that methods and other related transaction information.
We will attempt to reflect and credit the monetary value you have sent via your funding method, to your wallet(s) as quickly as possible and although this is normally within 1 business day, this can take between 1-3 working days.
Where you load your CL Card with a monetary value, you are authorising Us to debit your Wallet and send instruction to sell your crypto on an Exchange and credit your CL card in settlement of this.
You are responsible for ensuring that you hold sufficient funds in your Wallet, and We reserves the right to refuse to process a transaction if there are insufficient funds.
We may partner with other third-party service providers to facilitate different methods of Account funding, and therefore you agree that you have read, understand, and accept all relevant terms and conditions that apply.
If we suspect or form any suspicion that your account and or related transactions and/or products may involve illicit activity / financial criminality, we reserve the right to suspend and/or terminate your account which may include refusing to process inbound or outbound transactions.
Section 4 – Prohibition of Use & Restrictions
By accessing and using your account, you represent and warrant that you are not (directly or indirectly) on any trade or economic sanctions lists.
We maintain the right to select the markets and jurisdictions to operate and may restrict or deny the Services in certain countries at our discretion or if required by law.
You agree and covenant to observe the following:
- All the activities that you carry out during the use of the Services will be following the requirements of applicable laws, regulations,
- Your use of the app will not be in violation of public interests, public ethics or other’s legitimate interests including taking any action that would interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other Users from using the Services:
By accessing the Service, you agree that we have the right to investigate any violation of these Terms, unilaterally determine whether you have violated these Terms, and take actions to apply relevant rules without receiving your consent or giving prior notice to you.
Examples of such actions include, but are not limited to:
- Freezing your account
- Reporting the incident to authorities/law enforcement
- Publishing the alleged violations and actions that have been taken
You will not engage in any of the following uses or businesses:
- Certain restricted financial Services – Including debt collections agencies
- Intellectual Property or Proprietary Rights Infringement – Sales, distribution, or access to counterfeit music, movies, software, or other unlicensed materials
- Counterfeit or Unauthorised Goods/services – The unauthorised sale or resale of brand name or designer products or services that are illegally imported or exported or stolen
- Marijuana dispensaries / online prescription or pharmaceutical services / Weapons and munitions / gunpowder and other explosives / fireworks and related goods / radioactive materials or other dual use goods.
- Drugs and related Paraphernalia – Sale of narcotics, controlled substances, including any equipment designed for making or using drugs, such as bongs, and vaporisers
- Pseudo-Pharmaceuticals – Pharmaceuticals that make health claims but not been approved or verified by a regulatory body
- Substances designed to imitate illegal drugs
- Adult Content & Pornography – Includes other obscene materials (including literature and other media); sites offering any sexually explicit services such as prostitution, escorts, pay-per view,
- Pyramid schemes and similar marketing and deceptive investment opportunities or other services that promise high rewards
- Any other high-risk businesses that may violate the card scheme or other requirements set by our regulated partners.
Section 5 – Assets supported by Baanx
Please refer to the list of Assets that are currently supported by Baanx and this coming soon –
Section 6 – Personal Data & Record Retention
You agree to share personal information with Us as requested for the purposes of opening your account and identifying and verifying you.
We also collect information when you interact with us both via our App and website, including information we collect from trusted third parties about you in order to allow us to provide our product(s) and service(s) to you.
This information required is a regulatory requirement and used in the prevention and detection of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, and other financial criminality.
Baanx is required by law to retain your information (including Account & Transactional) for five years after the closure of your account.
We have the right to keep and use and/share the transaction data or other information related to such accounts under the following circumstances:
- Your Account is subject to law enforcement, governmental proceeding, criminal investigation
- We detect unusual activity on the account
- We detect unauthorised access to the account
- We are required to do so by a court order or command by a regulatory/government authority
Note that if a transaction is unfinished during the Account termination process, we reserve the right to notify your counterparty of the situation at that time.
We will not share your information unless required to do so by law and/or unless we have your consent to do so or to enable us in providing part of our products or services
You also authorise us to make enquiries, either directly or through third parties, to verify your identity or to protect you and/or us against financial crime such as fraud.
The identity verification information we request may include, but is not limited to, your:
- Email Address
- Contact Details
- Telephone Number
- Government Issued ID
- Date of Birth
- Other information collected at the time of account registration
In providing this information, you confirm that it is accurate and up to date. If there is any reasonable doubt that any information provided by you is wrong, untruthful, outdated or incomplete, we have the right to request that you update this in a timely manner or we may suspend or terminate Your account.
You shall be solely and fully responsible for any loss or expenses incurred during the use of Baanx App if you cannot be reached through the contact information provided.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that you have the obligation to keep all information provided up to date if there are any changes.
You authorise us to make enquiries, whether directly or through third parties, that we considers necessary to verify your identity or protect you and/or Baanx against fraud or other financial crimes, and to take action Baanx reasonably deems necessary based on the results of such enquiries.
You also acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be disclosed to credit reference and fraud prevention or financial crime prevention or law enforcement if requested.
We generally process your information through our UK servers and EEA and will ensure if this does go outside these regions, this will be as minimal as possible with appropriate safeguards in place.
Section 7 – Usage Requirements
Your Account can only be used by you as the named user
We reserve the right to suspend, freeze or cancel your account if we suspect that your account is being used by persons other than you
You must immediately notify us if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised use of your username and password.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any use of your Account by you or by any third party (whether authorised by you).
Section 8 – Inactive / Dormant Accounts
Baanx regards an Account to be inactive if there is no record of You transacting on to the Platform longer than a period of 90 days
We will attempt to contact You, using the email address we hold on file and we are unable to contact you, we will block your account and hold the funds as unclaimed.
We will endeavour to attempt to communicate to you prior to your account becoming inactive and for those accounts with a nil balance, we will close those accounts.
Section 9 – Tax
You are responsible for paying any applicable taxes that apply to activities in relation to your Account.
Section 10 – Account Termination
If You wish to can cancel your Account, please ensure you have removed all funds in each of your Wallets and email email@example.com giving 30 days’ notice.
We exercise the right to immediately suspend restrict or terminate your Account (and any related Account owned by related entities or affiliates) if we suspect any of the following:
- You have violated our Terms of Conditions
- Your Account may have breached applicable laws and/regulations
- By not doing so would create loss and/or fail to protect your Account
You agree that We shall not be liable for any permanent or temporary modification, suspension or termination of your Account or access to all or any portion of the Services.
In case of any of the following events, we shall have the right to directly terminate this agreement by cancelling your Account, and shall have the right to permanently freeze (cancel) the authorisations of your account
- After Baanx terminates services to you
You allegedly register or register in any other person’s name as a Baanx user again, directly, or indirectly
- The information that you have provided is untruthful, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete
- When these Terms are amended, you expressly state and notify Baanx of your unwillingness to accept the amended Terms
- You request that the Services be terminated
- Any other circumstances where Baanx deems it should terminate the services.
If we receive notice that any funds held in your Account are alleged to have been stolen or otherwise are not lawfully possessed by you, we may, place an administrative hold on the affected funds and your Account and work with any other financial institution or party in returning the funds to the rightful owner.
If we place an administrative hold on some or all your funds or Account, we may continue such hold until such time as the dispute has been resolved and evidence of the resolution acceptable to us has been provided
Baanx will not involve itself in any such dispute or the resolution of the dispute.
You agree that we will have no liability or responsibility for any such hold, or for your inability to withdraw funds or execute trades during the period of any such hold.
Baanx maintains full custody of the funds and User data/information which may be given to governmental authorities in the event of Account suspension/closure arising from fraud investigations, violation of law investigations or violation of these Terms.
Section 11 – Complaints
If you are unhappy with your account or any related Baanx products and/services, you can complain to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please detail the cause of your complaint, how you would like us to resolve the complaint and any other relevant information in assisting us to respond.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days and no later than 15 business days of our receipt of your complaint we will write back to you address all points raised in your complaint,
Some cases may take longer than 15 days and if this is the case, we will notify you and will respond to your complaint no later than 35 business days from our receipt of your complaint.
Section 12 – Security
You will be required to create or will be given security details, including a username and password when establishing an account.
You are responsible for keeping any electronic device through which you access Baanx safe and maintaining adequate security and control of all security details that you use to access our services.
This includes taking all reasonable steps to avoid the loss, theft or misuse of such electronic device and ensuring that such electronic device is both encrypted and password protected
Baanx offers two factor authentications via your registered mobile device (SMS Service or a supported Time-based One Time Password application).
You must ensure that you keep us updated with your latest verified phone number
Baanx will from time to time impose limits and/or restrictions on both the value and volume of transactions if the thresholds are exceeded. These may change (up or down) if deemed as appropriate and/or an industry recommendation and/or to protect your account.
Conversion and fx rates and fees
Baanx will provide conversion and exchange rates using the best rates provided by the Exchanges that we deal with, who we review frequently to ensure we provide you with the best rates. https://www.baanx.com/fees/
Authorisations/ Reversals/ Cancellations
One you confirm a transaction to exchange currency, Baanx is unable to reverse this and therefore you must check all details before proceeding. If you are unsure do not proceed.
Baanx aims to provide all users with an excellent service. We accept no liability for any injury or death caused by our negligence for fraud or similar by us or any third parties we rely upon.
In the unlikely event that our services may become interrupted that impact/delay transactions, we will not be held responsible for any losses, bit will work hard to rectify ant disruptions.
Where we are responsible for any losses where we have filed to provide our services, we will only be liable for the transaction amounts and related fees.
Baanx will not be responsible for losses relating to your assets following any data or related security breach where it is not Baanx fault and where You have not adhered to action requested by us or in our terms & conditions.
 A firm currently in the process of registering with the FCA as a crypto asset business
 Wallet Insurance and storage
 “Distributor” means a third party, ‘Currency Life’, ‘CL™ cards’ and other venture partners, who may distribute the account and card to you on behalf of Contis Financial Services.
 Your CL™ account and Visa debit card is issued by Contis Financial Services Limited, authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (registered number 900025)
 Live Q4 2020